- It is with great difficulty that we announce that the Richmond Rox Triathlons will not be held in 2017. Due to decreasing participation, an uncertain city construction timeline at and around our venue in the Shiplock/Lehigh/Terminal area, and rising production costs, we are not able to maintain a sustainable event. We understand that most Half-Iron athletes take 4-6 months to train for a specific race, so it's time to make that call.
An active search is underway for alternate venues to host the event, but any prospect would not be able to materialize into a race by this September.
We sincerely appreciate the support of our headline sponsor, VCU Health, without which it would not have been possible to hold the 2016 event. A huge thank you goes out to the volunteers that helped us put on one of the most challenging Richmond Rox events yet.
Our athletes are encouraged to check out our other races, and stay tuned to our Go To Eleven Racing page for calendar updates.
- Sprint, Olympic, and Half options: something for every athlete. Bring your whole team!
- Racer swag will include finisher medals, post race meal, and race shirts, to name a few. The first 450 registrants will receive a custom Boco visor!
- The swim is in the James River, and starts at Rocketts right on the river down below The Boathouse & Conch Republic Restaurants!
- The bike course heads east into rural Henrico and Charles City Counties, rolling, but not difficult.
- The run heads west into historic downtown Richmond, along the canal walk, Brown's & Belle Islands, across the pedestrian bridge over the river, back across the flood wall, loops back again on the VA Capital Trail, Parts of the run course have amazing views of the city and are off your normal boring out & back roadways. We think you will be pleasantly surprised!
- There will be 2 bottle handoffs on the bike course and aid stations are every mile on the run.
- Best time of year to race in central VA.... wheels down!
The 2016 Richmond Rox Triathlons benefit the Massey Movement for the VCU Massey Cancer Center.
Become our ally and a champion in the fight against cancer by joining the Massey Movement today! Signing up is simple. As a participant, you will receive your own custom web page to share your story and start recruiting your own team of supporters. Anyone who raises or donates $100 gets the official Massey Movement shirt so you can show your #teammassey pride every day of the year!
Click here to make a donation and join Team Richmond Rox as part of the Massey Movement!
Check Out the Race Video:
Richmond Rox Half Iron Distance Triathlon from Breakaway Frames on Vimeo.